Brenna M. Loyd
Partner and Fort Worth Divorce Attorney
Brenna Loyd sets herself apart from other attorneys with her sincere passion in helping children. She has always been one to volunteer her time in the community and continues to volunteer today with numerous outreach community groups including Big Brothers Big Sisters, Operation Kindness, and SafeHaven of Tarrant County.
After graduating high school a full year early, Brenna earned her Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice from the University of North Texas. She then attended Texas A&M School of Law where she became involved in several organizations with an emphasis on mediation and family law. She was trained in collaborative law at The Collaborative Law Institute of Texas and served as the treasurer of the International Law Society.
Brenna has received recognition in the local community as a “Top Lawyer in Fort Worth” by the Fort Worth Texas Magazine (2014, 2015, & 2016) and named as “10 Best Female Attorneys” by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. Brenna focuses her practice on family law. She is a qualified mediator and takes an understanding and result-driven approach to her cases to achieve her client’s goals.
Brenna particularly enjoys doing adoptions. She has handled several stepparent adoptions, grandparent adoptions, same-sex adoptions, closed and open adoptions, and adoptions from assisted reproduction.
In her free time, Brenna enjoys cooking, sports, and going to the lake. She loves animals and has a harlequin Great Dane. When she’s not working or traveling, she can be found exercising and enjoying the outdoors with family and friends.
Areas of Practice
- Texas, 2013
- Texas A&M School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas
- J.D., 2013
- Honors: Qualified Mediator
- University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- B.S., Criminal Justice, 2008
- Honors: Dean’s List
Honors and Awards
- 10 Best Female Attorneys in Texas for Client Satisfaction”, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- “Top Attorneys in Fort Worth”, Fort Worth Magazine, 2014, 2015, 2016
- “Top Attorneys in North America“, Global Directory of Who’s Who, 2015
- “5.0/5.0 Rating“, Thumbtack
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tarrant County Family Bar Association
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers
- Tarrant County Young Professionals
- Collaborative Law Institute of Texas
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- State Bar of Texas-Women and the Law Section
Past Employment Positions
- Sisemore Childress & Associates, Law Clerk, 2011 – 2013