Houston Family Law, Associate Attorney
Derek Dees is a native Houstonian. He chose to focus his legal practice in the area of family law as a result of growing up in a family with divorced parents. That experience as a child has given him a perspective that can be useful to clients with children and allows him to work compassionately with families undergoing change.
When not working, Derek is often running Memorial Park, skiing at Lake Livingston, or watching any Rockets, Texans, or Aggie game he can find.
Areas of Practice
- Texas, 2014
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, TX
- J.D., 2014, with a focus on family law, collaborative law and child law
- Dean’s Scholarship recipient
- Member, Family Law Association
- Texas A&M, College Station, TX
- B.A. 2011, Business Management with a minor in economics
- Major: International Business
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association